Clutch and Brake x shaft bushes

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
taff866
Not Quite Blue Yet

Clutch and Brake x shaft bushes

Post by taff866 »

Hi

Can anyone help i am about to change the clutch and brake x shaft bushes as the shaft was leaking oil past bush and out through the seal, My problems is that i have new bushes from agriline which are the correct length but if you mirror them up against the old ones that I have removed, the old ones have a slot which runs down the entire length of the bush. I presume the slot is for expansion while the bush is being fitted

Therfore do cut a new slot in my new bushes and fit, and will the still require a ream.
Please can anyone advise oh i have not split the Tractor

Thanks
David

taff866
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Clutch and Brake x shaft bushes

Post by taff866 »

taff866 wrote:Hi

Can anyone help i am about to change the clutch and brake x shaft bushes as the shaft was leaking oil past bush and out through the seal, My problems is that i have new bushes from agriline which are the correct length but if you mirror them up against the old ones that I have removed, the old ones have a slot which runs down the entire length of the bush. I presume the slot is for expansion while the bush is being fitted

Therfore do cut a new slot in my new bushes and fit, and will the still require a ream.
Please can anyone advise oh i have not split the Tractor

Thanks
David

R W
True Blue

Re: Clutch and Brake x shaft bushes

Post by R W »

[b][/b] See how hard they are to drive in, If they are to tight I'd be inclined to give the outside a light touch on a belt grinder, wouldn't cut a slot in them unless
it is unavoidable. Hard to know if they will need reaming until they are fitted.