Generator/590E

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Generator/590E

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Question, “does the generator work properly?”
Answer, WHO CARES!

Pat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271176804235?ss ... 1423.l2649

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Generator/590E

Post by JC »

It would be kind of cool to have a 590E (turbo charged, even!) powered generator, but I'm with you, I could find better things to put that engine in.

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Pat
The extra power bulge in the top of the hood for the turbo on the county would look ugly :lol:. I guess what ever Fordson it went in the power bulge would spoil the sleek lines of the tractor :cry: . I guess a guy with your talent could make a new manifold to relocate it, with a few days of spare time :idea: :)
Glad to see ya still alive and kickin you went quiet on us again for a while.
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Hey Robert/guys, we just been busy. Granny and I went down to Florida on vacation earlier this month, went to a nice little show, North Florida Antique Engine show in Starke, not much for tractors but quite a few stationary engines and several early “hot bulb” engines…… and a bunch of nice people.
Been busy at work, we are putting a third shift back on, first time in several years, good to have this kind of orders coming in! And just trying to get caught up from a week of vacation and then the flu bug hit again, I called in sick this last Monday and half of my crew did as well but I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
And I still have a lot to do on Granny’s new bathroom, haven’t even ordered the cabinets yet. Then…..the first week we get back from Fla, the heater quits working in Granny’s Explorer, found I had an old couch in the front of the garage that some mouse thought would look much better inside of the Explorer heater box. I spent a good hour or more digging all that crap out.

Was at an auction yesterday, a early Major with a backhoe on it went for $3000.00, way too much for the shape it was in, but all of the original three point and hitch parts were in the front bucket and went with it. The lift arms still have the original chains, clips, and brackets on them as they were removed from the tractor when it was new. I got the new owner’s phone number and hope to buy them from him. The rear wheel weights were auctioned off separately and I got those for $20.00 each, all of mine got used up on the County’s so I was quite happy to get these.

And the 590E, would surely make a turbo charged tractor of some sort!

Pat

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Pat
Glad to see you are still havin fun :) I see ya found spare time to right an article for some old tractor magazine too :wink: :) Those front wheels you want might be sitting in my shop here in Canada, or on an E27N fordson somewhere nearer you :wink: :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Ahh yesssss. Mouseitis. A tearable infliction that renders mechanical stuff in-operable. Beware, It can spread like wild fire and end up in mufflers, cylinders, clutch housings, and the like. The culprets usually go by the name of Micky and Minnie.... :evil: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

JC wrote:It would be kind of cool to have a 590E (turbo charged, even!) powered generator, but I'm with you, I could find better things to put that engine in.
Yes it,s cool, here is mine.http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315 ... m004-1.jpg
If you have more engines they would last for several applications. :mrgreen:

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Grani, that’s a neat generator you have there, you may want to keep the door locked. :eyes:

Robert, I haven’t even seen the article yet, I need to run and pick up the latest copy if it is on the stands yet, and you’ll have to give Martin and his staff credit for the article, I merely sent him a few pictures and a little explanation of what they were.

Pat