Fordson Super Major Hydraulic Parts - Where can I buy them?

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
amen423
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Super Major Hydraulic Parts - Where can I buy them?

Post by amen423 »

I have a Fordson Super Major Tractor with a Front End Loader attachment on it and I having problems with the hydraulics on the tractor.

I have a manual and I have been going through it to assist me with finding the problem and it seems to be within the Hydraulic Selector Valve Control area.

I have dismantled it before with no problems as I have been able to put it back together without replacing any parts, but this time I have to as the gasket is not in a situation that it can be used again plus the O'Rings have deteriorated as well.

Instead of having the usual Hydraulic Selector Valve Control, I have a Moore Attachment and I am wanting to purchase the Gasket & O'Ring Kit for it.

I have looked on the internet and I cannot seem to find a place where I can purchase a kit.

Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: Fordson Super Major Hydraulic Parts - Where can I buy th

Post by Dandy Dave »

A lot of the O rings should be available by size at your local Hydraulic cylinder rebuilder and supplier. Gaskets can be cut. All kinds of grades of gasket material should avaliable though a local auto parts supply house. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

scoobyjim
True Blue

Re: Fordson Super Major Hydraulic Parts - Where can I buy th

Post by scoobyjim »

there is a company here in the UK does an External Services repair kit £45. no moore kit though. Are they much different?

http://www.agrilineproducts.com/partsca ... major.html