Power Major Water Temp tube Routing

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dietmar
Not Quite Blue Yet

Power Major Water Temp tube Routing

Post by Dietmar »

How was the water temp bulp tube routed original?
Is it on the left or right side? Does it go outside the battery tray attachment frame.
Any hint would help.

best regards

Dietmar

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Under the battery tray and along the left side of the engine with all the other wires in the same clips.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Interesting answer Brian.
On my Major, viewed from the drivers seat, the route is down the right hand side of the engine, through what appears to be original existing clips for it. :?:

Mike

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

This is perhaps off topic, but I was able to route the original tube between the pipes of the exhaust manifold all the way to the front of my 590 E engine. It looks nearly like a guitar string but it works. :lol:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Power Majors and Super Majors used a different wiring route to Majors, Mike. Yours are in clips suspended from the bolts holding the tappet block cover, Power/Supers had a bracket near the starter then a bent tab on the side of the block near the dynamo.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian