1963 n/p restoration rescue

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Mjg1705
True Blue

1963 n/p restoration rescue

Post by Mjg1705 »

hi all, seems lots of people ar euploading project pictures- i though id share my pics of my 1963 n/p super restoration- il start with the engine- :arrow:

1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

scoobyjim
True Blue

Re: 1963 n/p restoration rescue

Post by scoobyjim »

you have your work cut out there
whats the plan

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

yes I certainly do - these pics were taken a few months ago so it has improved ! will add them soon. well the plan is to get it up and running and fit it in my np super - just wanna save another piece of history - but surprisingly once stripped - this engine was not that bad inside - but 30 years of standing have taken its toll - but nothing abit of hard work and effort can't bring back !
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Great Crusty Critters! :shock: She's got wateritis and rusticalsightis. Believe it or not, I have re-done worse engines. Glad to hear you are making progress. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

ha yes dandy dave - some think im mad to take on this "scrap destined" engine ! but i think its worth it to see another major back on the books ! :clap: heres a few others of the engine just after i opened it up for the first time :shock:

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

i think as a precaution you should put some new sleeves in there lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

ha, yes i think some new liners are in order :lol: but i rebuilt an engine the same, and it runs like a watch now :) :)
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Ha yes - I have purchased a full engine rebuild kit so that's on thing sorted - well by the time I'm finnished putting in all new parts - bearings- seals the lot plus a new injector pump and injectors I would like to hope it would run pretty well ! So hoping to have it up and running within the next few weeks - got a very well kitted workshop :P so long as I get myself in there I should be going on well - once the engine is done - gunna do the gearbox - hydraulics - steering - axels- then hopefully some wheels- paint and body work to follow ! So got a good challenge ahead of me ! :D can't wait to get stuck in to it !