yet more questions!!?? engine help..

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
thestig246
True Blue

yet more questions!!?? engine help..

Post by thestig246 »

Hi y;all not been on here for a while, but making slow but sure progress with the engine.

Im just looking to order some parts up online and was after some advice

i have been looking to replace the bearing in the centre of the flywheel as its not running too sweet, and after some searching through my supplyer i think i found something near or eqivielent to the one thats in there :) was just looking for someone to check to see if its right for the job. And its a SKF bearing :)

here is a link hope it works!!
http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/6205-2Z_Sh ... ing-2012-p

my next question is which way around does the termostat go me and dad have both been head scrathching and it seems to fit both ways, but there must be a right and wrong way haha :lol:

many thanks, hope youre all well

Dan.
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!

Mjg1705
True Blue

Re: yet more questions!!?? engine help..

Post by Mjg1705 »

Hi not sure of the bearing - but the thermostat sits so the spring is on the bottom - and sits in the head - easiest way to explain it !

Regards:mike
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

thestig246
True Blue

Post by thestig246 »

many thanks mike :)

does anyone know anything about the flywheel bearing?? haha

many thanks dan.
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

single row ball to suit the size of the hole in the flywheel. remember needs to be sliding fit over shaft for assembly

thestig246
True Blue

Post by thestig246 »

sorted the metric one fitted with some perswading :lol: i noticed the shaft on the gearbox has wore slightly brearing must have been running loose on there, luckily the new bearing is slight smaller inside so should be a good fit :lol:

dont you just love it when a plan comes together haha.

all the best dan
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!