Removing injector copper washers from the head

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
MBeattie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Removing injector copper washers from the head

Post by MBeattie »

Hi, I am sure someone has faced & resolved this problem before ? The next problem I have in rebuilding my cylinder head is that that the copper washers that seal the injectors at the bottom of the casting in the head are stuck at the bottom inside the head ? Any ideas how to get them out ?
Thanks, Mark.

Mjg1705
True Blue

Re: Removing injector copper washers from the head

Post by Mjg1705 »

Hi - Ive just faced the same thing - the ones that were stuck I managed to get out with what they call an "oil seal pick" which is angled and managed to just break them away carefully - see if you can get something like a seal pick - may work.

Regards:mike
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

with a screwdriver slightly larger than the size of the hole, give it a knock into the hole. This should slacken the washer and bite into it to pull it out.

MBeattie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MBeattie »

Thanks for the suggestions, manged to remove them with a screwdriver. Washers also came out when I removed the injectors, so 3 of the cylinders had 2 copper washers each ?, but will only have 1 per injector now when I put it back together :)
Thanks, Mark.