Major Voltage Regulator

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
MBeattie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Major Voltage Regulator

Post by MBeattie »

As a new owner, I am still finding my way around. You guys have really helped on the questions on my White Smoke Issue, so hopefully when I get the head back on that problem will be gone. In the meantime I am trying to sort out the wiring, as its a big mess, and most of the plastic coverings have gone brittle with age. But, I cant find the Voltage Regulator ?, where is it suppose to be ? Sorry for the dumb question :)
Thanks, Mark.

thestig246
True Blue

Re: Major Voltage Regulator

Post by thestig246 »

its hideing under the dash by the oil gauges and temp gauges ect :wink: theres a couple of scews or bolts and the top half should come off, just be carefull not to strentch the small pipes and the temperature line as they break very easyily :cry:

Dan.
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!

scoobyjim
True Blue

Post by scoobyjim »

Mine is on the fire wall.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

The new major and the power major has it in the dashboard. The super on the firewall.
If it is broke you can buy a new one. Take notice of the screw type and not the one with the slide contacts.
To adjust it there’s a manual on this site.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

I would suggest, if you're not a full bottle on electrics, that you take pics of every connection before ripping it all apart. Hopefully the wiring colours can also be seen. Downloading the wiring diagram would also be helpfull.

Pavel

henk

Post by henk »

Pavel is right. I always put a small tape around the wirings and number every wiring. I also make a drawing of the connections and number them on the drawing.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

My Power Major has it bolted to the Air Cleaner as it was originally. Where ever yours is mounted, be sure that it has a good ground / earth also. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major