Battery hold down

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Battery hold down

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Uncle Kenny was going through some things at the Home Farm and found a couple of goodies for me, A original screw jack and a original battery hold down bracket, I have never before seen one of the hold downs. It is for the later majors, I’m assuming the power and Super majors, and all of mine have a slot in the tray for the middle bar, a hole on the right side for the hook on the end of the rod, but I cannot find where the left rod attaches and I dont see any of it in the parts book in the "battery and tray" section. Anyone know where it goes?

Pat

scoobyjim
True Blue

Re: Battery hold down

Post by scoobyjim »

You sure its not e27n. Looks the samw used for 2 6volt batteries

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Battery hold down

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I doubt that it’s from an E27N, Grandpa never had one (they are quite rare over here) and the slot for the middle bar is in my Power and Super Majors, and the air cleaner has a flat spot on the top corner to clear the hump on the left side of the bracket, I always wondered why that was there! And I would have to guess the flat spot on the air cleaner is too high up for proper clearance for today’s shorter batteries. My early majors have 4 loops on the tray, I’m thinking for more of a fabed up angle iron bracket with 4 rods down the sides, rather than the stamped steel of this one.

Pat