Decals

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Bomoh
Not Quite Blue Yet

Decals

Post by Bomoh »

I'm sure this will have been asked before but I cannot find it.

I need the "Diesel Powered" decals for either side of the bonnet/hood. Are there any reproductions available from anywhere?

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Decals

Post by henk »

Original small diesel decals are hard to find.
Substitutes are usually of a lower quality. They can be found at events markets and some part supliers.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Bomoh
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bomoh »

I'm in relatively rural Australia and there are no events near here.
I looked at a couple of parts suppliers online but did not see these decals amongst the badges/decals on offer.
Can you advise a particular site?
thanks

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Bomoh wrote:I'm in relatively rural Australia and there are no events near here.
I looked at a couple of parts suppliers online but did not see these decals amongst the badges/decals on offer.
Can you advise a particular site?
thanks
Hi
I guess you mean the chrome badge that is about 2.5" long and about 1/2 to 3/4" high That says Diesel, that bolts to the hood :?: . If I have 2 good sets out in the shed I would be willing to pass one set on, to somebody that's using them on their own tractor to finish a project :) . I'm in Manitoba Canada but would ship where ever at cost. I'll go take a look later and get back to you :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi
I Just looked in the parts store sorry I can't help you with this from my stuff :cry: . I got 3 of them 2 are real junk rough and one nice. I think the 2 rough ones came from a tractor I had in England and scrapped. The nice one came from a hood in the wrecking yard I worked at near here.
It was an immaculate early MK1 hood till some moron cut the side out with a cutting torch to put a bigger air cleaner on . so the other badge was missing :eyes: :cry: . I used the good front parts to make a 6cyl hood, so I didn't wreck 2 more good ones :) .
I have to talk to a couple of out of province wrecking yards for Brian's Dexta ring gear project tomorrow :wink: . I'll ask them, but don't hold out much hope. All the good major tin they had got shipped back to England a few years ago, and the badges went with them :(
Regards Robert

Bomoh
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bomoh »

Thanks for your offer but the decals I need are actual decals/transfers (or maybe even painted on, I can't tell). They are about 12-15 in long, red and yellow and say "Diesel Powered" and sit ahead of the Fordson Major metal badge and between the 2 bonnet/hood handles.
Anybody got any ideas?

Bomoh
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bomoh »

If you look at the photo I posted Nov 2010 (check my posts) you can just see the decal behind the exhaust pipe.

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Ok no problem welcome to the world of odd ball Fordson decals from around the world :lol: . we have ford 5000 diesels over here in north America instead of blue grey super Majors, Like England had in 1963/4. Those are a decal that's like rocking horse poop to find as well :cry: . I've tried getting some made, didn't get to far with that.
I've seen some on tractors that are restored and these things just seem to of appeared, I think the fairy's must deliver them at night and fit them :wink: . Nobody seems to know how the guy that restored the tractor got them when I ask :roll: .
good luck in your search :)
Regards Robert

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Bomoh wrote:I'm sure this will have been asked before but I cannot find it.

I need the "Diesel Powered" decals for either side of the bonnet/hood. Are there any reproductions available from anywhere?
Plough Book Sales http://www.ploughbooksales.com.au/ do a number of decals for different model Fordsons. The ones I got for my E27N were great. I would give them a try they may have them.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Bomoh,

These are the two Diesel Powered Decals that were used in Australia. The 'Diesel Powered' is for the New Major, and 'Major Diesel Powered' is for the E27N P6.
BarryM

Bomoh
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bomoh »

Thank you...................it's the smaller "Diesel Powered" decal and I've ordered it this morning from ploughbooksales.

Thanks for everyone's help.