Injector washers

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
drz400
Not Quite Blue Yet

Injector washers

Post by drz400 »

Finishing putting my Fordson together, got a new fuel rail (leak off rail) and confused as to which washers are required.

I have some left in the kit and I'm not sure whether they are correct? On the diagram in the catalogue it shows none?

If anyone has a diagram or picture it would be handy.

Thanks.

nzMark
True Blue

Re: Injector washers

Post by nzMark »

Hi, the leak off pipe has no washers on some engines but others have copper washers, I think better to be safe than sorry and have installed copper washers to ensure no diesel gets into oil. cheers

thestig246
True Blue

Post by thestig246 »

i had the same when i did mine i wasnt sure if there was meant to be any one there or not, so as said its proberly safter to wack them on there :beer:
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!

drz400
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by drz400 »

Thanks for the help. :beer: I put the old washers back on mine so hopefully all will be good.

Ready to start now only problem is the throttle link from the block to the flap in the inlet manifold is missing?

I cant find it as the previous owner must have took it off when he started pulling it apart.
Went to the nearest breakers and they haven not got one. :scratchhead:

If any one has one in Norfolk area let me know or if available online. Thanks

thestig246
True Blue

Post by thestig246 »

oh that is abit of a pain in the.... :lol: HAve you tryed these guys there from the midlands area, but will post out parts at a price might be worth a punt to see if they havee anything, i have phoned them before about bits and they seems realsonable on price, for genuine parts.

http://www.railswoodtractors.co.uk/

http://www.railswoodtractors.co.uk/

all the best dan :)
"oNe LiFe LiVe It"!!!