fordson major photo,s

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
fordson993
Not Quite Blue Yet

fordson major photo,s

Post by fordson993 »

i have some image of my fordson major so as promised Unfortunately, not all of them, I'm still part lost

we take of the eninge

broken cluch

i have cleaning the major gearbox and rear bridge

i fount this in the gear box, is this from the gearbox brake?

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: fordson major photo,s

Post by Dandy Dave »

Ouch. :shock: The crack in the clutch disk does not look good. That will need to be replaced. The metal in the gearbox is hard to say. Look at all the bearing cages to see if any are missing. Could also be pieces from the parking brake on a super. Looks fairly clean otherwise. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

you made a handy and save tool to support the rear end. Pitty fot the clutch, can you fix this?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

fordson993
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by fordson993 »

I bought another cluch this is as good as new, I just need to have a center as for the clutch. and my engine that has been renovated last year.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

If that's a Fomoco badge on the left side of your gearbox, looks like you have a New Super Major 63-64.
Best
Adrian :thumbs:

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Re the fragments you found in your gearbox, they look like a disintegrated wear plate from the transmission brake. The dowel in your photo, one of two, holds the interleaved stationary plates in position and it looks like it has got very hot. Highly likely that the brake has been left on at some point - a not uncommon occurrence. The photo below shows the two types of plate interleaved. New plates are available. As you've got the gearbox apart, it's worth fixing.
Best

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Oops! Just looked at your photos again. You haven't got your gearbox apart! :oops: Still, where you are now, it's not a big job. Remove the primary gearbox and you're there. I'd recommend fixing it.
Best