PTO Drop Box Seal

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Matt in WI
True Blue

PTO Drop Box Seal

Post by Matt in WI »

I recently had yet another drop box seal to replace on one of our Major's so I thought I would snap some photo's and just maybe it would help some other members of the forum out in the process :D . As you can see I personally like to use the genuine New Holland or CNH seal, part # 81717957. I have had the best results using the genuine replacement seal, although a bit costly its well worth it :thumbs: . I made a seal installing tool that is centered by the output shaft, a few bits of welding and some lathe work and "presto" a very handy tool. I have in the past tried to save a bit if money by placing two seals back to back with varying results :eyes:. Although this is not a huge job it does require draining both boxes and removing the PTO shaft and raised unit if equipped, I found it makes much more sense to install the proper seal from the start and save yourself the aggravation of having to repeat the process all over again. :stress:

Last edited by Matt in WI on Sun May 04, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: PTO Drop Box Seal

Post by henk »

Thanks. Very interesting :clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: PTO Drop Box Seal

Post by Dandy Dave »