eBay front pto ?!

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Mjg1705
True Blue

eBay front pto ?!

Post by Mjg1705 »

Was browsing at fordson stuff on eBay - and came across item - 111382932230 - been thinking as to where it goes - and how it affixes ?! Can't seem to track anything like it :? - what do people think :beer:
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

Frans
True Blue

Re: eBay front pto ?!

Post by Frans »

for 10 pound just buy it and see where it fits :lol:

Frans
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi
Kind of 99.9% positive there was a post on here in the last 18 months of a guy with a short stub shaft poking out the front of his major pto drive drop box, I bet this might be the shaft that fits it :idea: . Also on my travels round You tube in the last month or so, I came across a major in Europe I believe. This tractor had a front mount sweeper brush attached. I would be guessing thats how the drive came forward on that tractor to run the brush, couldn't quite see in the video :| .
I would say unless you have the adapted drop box with the extra shaft out the front this is a not very helpful part to have on the shelf :eyes: :run: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

fnoller
True Blue

Post by fnoller »

Hi

I have the front pto on my super :beer:

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=2&t=4385
Fordson for life...

1955 Fordson Major (restorating)

1963 Fordson Super Major New Performance (New Project)

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I was thinking the unit on ebay is made to bolt to the engine pulley, and possibly not even for a Major.

Pat

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Well people - thanks for replies - I've been looking and I can't see that it even fits a major ?! I can't see anywhere on the tractor it would fit -- either way around- I did think for a tenner It could be worth it - but without any attachment on my major I don't think it's worth that hassle - got enough "optional extras" on my major -- this would only have been another think on the list if it was usable -- but thought it was still worth a share and a question -- never seen anything like it -- so my quest around the spare parts continues ! Thanks guys ! :beer:
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !