ignition switch key

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

ignition switch key

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I remember someone asking about a ignition switch key a while ago but I couldn’t find the posting.

The key was broke off in my Dads Major since the day he brought it home, and it has never been turned off. After getting Grandpas Major I noticed it had the same style switch with the automotive style key, so we turned off the switch on Dads with a small flat screwdriver, and then dug out the remains with an O ring pick. The key from Grandpas worked perfect so I went to get a copy cut. Probably no big deal in the UK but it is in the US as no one stocks such a thing. Luckily I could just make out “K674-12 BLANK” on Grandpas key, did a little searching on line and found this vendor with a cross reference on the bottom. I flebayed a couple of the Curtis UN-3 blanks and just have to go get them cut now.

Pat

Last edited by BearCreek Majors on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

marveltone
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: ignition switch key

Post by marveltone »

Good find! I've been wanting to make a spare key since I got my Major, but could never find the right blank. This helps immensely.

Joe
1957 Fordson Major Diesel.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

So I lucked out again, Im working on a 54 Major that came with no key and the one from Dad's and Grandpa's 58 wouldn't fit. But many years ago I was digging in a Major's toolbox and found a rusty key laying in the bottom, and being the packrat that I am I saved it.... it works perfectly in this 54. The blank is a Curtis UN2.

Pat
Last edited by BearCreek Majors on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Oops. somehow I poseted it twice.