Starter Question on Fordson Power Major

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
lwright
Not Quite Blue Yet

Starter Question on Fordson Power Major

Post by lwright »

I took my Lucas starter to a rebuild shop that does really good work. They called me after having it for 2 weeks saying they can't get the parts to rebuild it.
After doing some searching on here about starters,
someone posted about getting parts from www.bare-com.com
I got a quote from them on a conversion kit starter that uses a USA starter I think.
B1391 starter conversion kit includes starter motor, key switch & instruction sheet. for $286.60 US dollars...

My question is has anyone here used this starter? Any problems with it? Any suggestions?

Please note that I am planning to use my Fordson as I have been for the last 30 yrs. So keeping it completely original or in show condition does not interest me. I know some of you are hardcore for leaving it all original but I need something that I can depend on.

Thanks for any comments!
Larry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The starter they use will be the same as the later '000 nd series tractors. These work well.

Over here in England you can still get the starters reconditioned butthere were many more tractprs here.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

lwright
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by lwright »

Brian wrote:The starter they use will be the same as the later '000 nd series tractors. These work well.

Over here in England you can still get the starters reconditioned butthere were many more tractprs here.
Thanks Brian!!

MAXPOWER
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MAXPOWER »

had no problem getting the local shop to rebuild the starter on my 56, they even replaced the stator.