Parts in Canada

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Parts in Canada

Post by 6k-ranch »

Hi,
it look like that my local dealer ca not help me to get the push rods for my tractor.
is here someone from Canada (sepcial Saskatchewan) who can help me to get push rods for my fordson super major?
Or from somewhere else?

Thanks

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: Parts in Canada

Post by Dandy Dave »

I was going to send you to British Tractor Wreckers. It has been closed due to the Death of the owner and his wife. Sad. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi
Not in Sask But try Bob at used tractor parts (U.T.P) at Grandview, Manitoba, he has a pile of majors there. Will be visiting him in the next week on a parts run, He is my usual go to guy for shop customer and my own parts :wink: .
The other is David Good at Goods wrecking Inglis, Manitoba. I have used him in the past but not so much now :( . Both are old school wreckers and are competitive on price :D , compared to say Harvest salvage in Brandon or the other big guys around, that don't want to waist there time on us old equipment guys :cry: .
Bob closes for the winter around first snow in mid to end of November time though. Its about a 100 acre yard full of iron on top of a hill, in the middle of nowhere :!: :eyes: :cry: .
Both have a web site with contact info and should be able to ship to you.
I can't quite remember there may be 2 lengths of push rod in the majors, Give them the dimensions to make sure they are right :idea: .

The deal at unity is very sad and Donald and Shirley will be sadly missed by many people in the community and tractor world , I only found out a couple weeks ago at A friends wedding. It kinda ruined my evening hearing that news, And feel real bad for their family also :( .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

origin
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by origin »

I didn't realize that Donald passed away, that is sad indeed :(

Ok, just found the article about what just happened, very, very sad indeed. Who would have thought. :(
1962 Fordson Super Major w/ Robin FEL (6' rough cut mower)
1978 Ford LGT 165 (w/ 42" Mower, 36" Tiller, and 48" Plow)
1976 Ford LGT 165 (Parts Tractor)
1974 Ford LGT 145 (50" Mower, 42" 2 stage Blower, Sleeve Hitch, Cultivator)

Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Miles »

You can purchase push rods thru Moody's NH ...I seem to remember they were same as Ford 302 but don't quote
me on that...maybe someone else can confirm?

Miles

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Hello to all. I have ordered a few items on line from messick's nh in the us. I have also used their site to get the list of parts I need and took it to the local nh dealer, he was able to order some of the parts for me this way.
Good luck.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

origin
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by origin »

Miles wrote:You can purchase push rods thru Moody's NH ...I seem to remember they were same as Ford 302 but don't quote
me on that...maybe someone else can confirm?

Miles
I get a few parts from Moodys still, if they can get it.
1962 Fordson Super Major w/ Robin FEL (6' rough cut mower)
1978 Ford LGT 165 (w/ 42" Mower, 36" Tiller, and 48" Plow)
1976 Ford LGT 165 (Parts Tractor)
1974 Ford LGT 145 (50" Mower, 42" 2 stage Blower, Sleeve Hitch, Cultivator)

6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 6k-ranch »

Dandy Dave wrote:I was going to send you to British Tractor Wreckers. It has been closed due to the Death of the owner and his wife. Sad. Dandy Dave!
i found the website from this guys but like you said saidly that that they passt away. Do you know whats happen? it sounds like that both passt away like kind a accident.
Last edited by 6k-ranch on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 6k-ranch »

Thanks super6954 for the tip i will give them a try also. I allreadycalled a few wrecker but none could help me still wait that one guy is calling me back. Well i hope the best.
If i get new or used one on what do i have take care when i put them back on is there something to watch for?

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Hi 6k, I believe there are some push rods in a box in my collection of parts, not sure. They are from a 56/57 major, I believe the same engine in my pm, not sure if the same as you need. Let me know if these are what you need and I will look for them.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 6k-ranch »

Gman wrote:Hi 6k, I believe there are some push rods in a box in my collection of parts, not sure. They are from a 56/57 major, I believe the same engine in my pm, not sure if the same as you need. Let me know if these are what you need and I will look for them.
I dont know my push rod is 12" (1ft) long.

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

You'll have to get a little more accurate than that, mate.
Before engine no. 1425097 the push rods are 11.9 inches long [302.3mm]
From, and including that eng. no. they are 11.8 inches long. [299.7mm].

Pavel

6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 6k-ranch »

pretty sure they are 302mm