spool valves

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
willy wagon
True Blue

spool valves

Post by willy wagon »

i finally got the 3pth hitch to work. problem must of been the spool valve.the unit on the tractor resembles the one from the united kingdom,it would not work. i swapped for another i had that sort of looks like the Australian model. hitch works fine now.question is the other unit had two hydraulic hose outlets, this unit has only one. can it only run a single acting ram? also can i possibly fix the other unit? thanks for any info

super6954
True Blue

Re: spool valves

Post by super6954 »

Hi
Can you post pictures of what you took off and what you put on. There are a few different types of valve, and A description doesn't really help with what you actually have. some guys only plumbed one line on a DA valve, or it might just be a single line only, then you can't run DA cylinders. seeing it takes out the guessing :wink: .
If i see what you took off also I might be able to tell you what to do to fix it. I have had a couple different valves apart here to that didn't work.
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

willy wagon
True Blue

Re: spool valves

Post by willy wagon »

will try upload pics it is difficult to do.