new gasket set for my FSM

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

new gasket set for my FSM

Post by 6k-ranch »

Hello everybody ,

thanks for the help to find the push rods for my super major. we had to take apart the motor because one of the vavle stuked, nut now i do need a new gasket set for my super major.
Any one have a idea where i can get one in canada specialy in SK.

the ideas with the diffrent salavage yards helped too, but i am not sure if they can help with new stuff.

thanks

super6954
True Blue

Re: new gasket set for my FSM

Post by super6954 »

Hi
Glad you got the push rods sorted, I'm not going to do all your home work for you You'll never learn anything :lol: . Youll learn about more parts with my start point, when you get looking :wink:
So heres a Hint to get you started Find a tractor dealer, or wrecker that stocks A&I parts in SK, I use Harvest salvage in Brandon MB. The A&I web site link they have shows the major and super parts, its in a tractor section under ford NH :wink: .

That top gasket set is around $60 + shipping to a dealer. I have used just the head gasket on it's own to replace one I borrowed from another brand set, It was A Vapormatic Supplied Gasket from a U.K company, I used to buy from when I lived in the U.K . Hopefully a head set might come from the same brand as they were good parts.
That should get you on the search for what you need, there may be somebody selling Sparex parts could possibly get one in with a bit of a longer wait. A&I are usually a quicker supply time, and have a distribution warehouse in SK to supply their dealers as well as some more in other provinces. I don't know if NH dealers have anything in the older equipment line for oem parts but that would probably be way more money if they did :cry: .
Good luck and let us know how you get on :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

6k-ranch
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 6k-ranch »

thanks Robert
you right :) but i try to do it as quick as possible because i do need it back for feeding because ny second feeding vehicle start making trouble.

but i appreciate the help here

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi 6k
unless you can find a motor shop that has a gasket set on the shelf in one of the big cities , A&I will probably be your quickest source. I got a couple sets on the shelf here but I can't get them to you any quicker than sourcing your own, with crossing into SK :cry: . If your real stuck and it's going to be weeks for some reason I can see if I could send you one out there quickly some how :idea: .

welcome to my world I farm and work shop for guys. I had a customer last week, with 3 tractors and a %100 failure rate, couldn't feed his cattle. I got 1 going there. I got another guy got 2 down out of 4, but he still has a loader tractor at the moment and one for the feeder wagon spare, 2 of his loaders are down, so it's going to be a panic for parts to come if the 3rd dumps, or one of mine quits here and I got to fix that to :cry: .

As your stuck I will be nice to you A&I top head set complete is part # is A-E1ADDN6C037C
Head Gasket only from A-I (I think it has the rubber block seal included please Check) A-E1ADDN6051E
These are the only sets listed in any major parts lists, so it's got to be the one you fit from them.
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.