Photo update

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
jan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Photo update

Post by jan »

Hi all
Here are some Photos from my E1ADKN
(little update from her)
I hope you enjoy the photos

mbg Jan

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Photo update

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi Jan, she is looking great!!
The early ones with the underslung exhaust and no precleaner through the hood are by far the best looking Majors! You have the early grills and even the correct wire hose clamps..... those little things that make a restoration look so good!

Pat

Timeee
True Blue

Post by Timeee »

Good Evening

Interesting that you have Super Major type rear wheels with the scalloped centre dish.

Tim

jan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jan »

Hi tim

The rearwheels now are the right ones,the wheels on the photos are from my super major.
the super got her wheels back(at this time she was on 16.9-34 wheels,they are selled to a good friend)
the tvo got two new tires on her new painted wheels/rims also.
in spring i will do some electrical jobs like new harness,and then i got her finished i hope.

mbg jan

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hallo Jan,

Der sieht ja richtig gut aus. Sicher der Krümmer und Vergaser sehen aus wie neu.

Kannst du bitte auch foto's von den Zugmail einstellen? Bin neugierig nach die Deutsche ausführung.

Woher aus Dld bist du?

Mfg

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

jan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jan »

Hi emiel

here is a photo from the "german^ rear towing device from my tvo
and here one from my friends power major

and here one from the tvo-manifold
if you look on the manifold you can see where the crack was.
between zyl.3 and zyl.4
(the extra piece of casting on the rear,the manifold was recast in this place)
that means not welded!!!!!! the job was done in a casting factory here in north germany.
normally they are fabricate/cast new manifolds for lorrys/tanks etc.
so i am do not need a used spare manifold (impossible to find here !!! )
and one photo before i start the restauration
and i am living 60km south direction from bremen

hope this is helpfull for you

mbg jan

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the extra pictures. You surely have done a good job with the restauration. Good work.

You're quite far away from me. I hoped you would be nearer to my place, improves the chances to see your tractor in a show.

Rgds

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Hello Jan, Pat and Emiel
I don't know if you have seen this video. It shows how Fordson demonstrated their tractors in Europe and how the tractors were exported. Jan and Emiel, this maybe explains how your tractors were originally bought - perhaps someone went to one of the demonstration events put on by this Fordson team.
Pat, as an American, you must be proud of Ford as a US company. It spread a lot of excellent engineering across the world - and still does.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0BBZ08IPw

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi Adrian.
I was always aware of Fords presence worldwide but I never realized how much so until the web made this knowledge available to all of us, and while trolling the internet for Fordson info of any kind I finally realized just how much of an impact Ford has made on all of us worldwide.
I grew up in a Ford family....probably a little Ford fanatic. But for what ever reason Hennery got just about as much bad press as good, he was known for being a little crazy at times and had a reputation for treating his family, especially Edsel, rather poorly. I'm sure some of it was exaggerated and some of it mostly true, but without a doubt he was a visionary.
If any of you get over to this side of the pond please make it a point to go see the henry Ford museum in Dearborn. There is a lot of US history there but an almost unmanageable collection of machinery, automobiles, buildings, work shops, etc. DD will probably agree with me here, they tell people that it usually takes a few hours to get through the museum and a few hours in the park, I was there for two days and could have spent the week.

Pat

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Nice Looking Petro. 8) Yup. Agree with Pat on the Henry Ford Museum and Green Field Village. Well worth the Visit. I have an Invite to Display my 1915 Buick there in September this year for their Motor Muster. We will see as time gets closer. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major