Fordson Repair Manuals

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Repair Manuals

Post by Tjibbe »

Hi -
Please assist ; Operators Manual is ok.
The repair manual pages fail to open - browser page tells me these are unavailable.
What did I do wrong ?
Tjibbe

Pavel
True Blue

Re: Fordson Repair Manuals

Post by Pavel »

Access the subject posted on Nov. 27th. 2012 titled Re: Cylinder Head and scroll down to the post on December 11th. The info should help you.

Pavel.

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Saw several posts assisting 'Village' with his cylinder head :?

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

Sorry about that -- not as simple as I thought it would be.

Google 'ebooksbrowse'
In the box type in: Fordson Major Supplement.
Then download to your printer.

Pavel.

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Appreciate your patience -
ebookbrowse returned no results on FM supplement.
Further searching got me to Agrimanuals who wanted UK 19.99 for the Repair Manual.
It is a real pity that the Forums PDF Manuals links had to be discontinued, is there no other way to access the old manuals ?

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I bought my Manual off of Ebay. I always like having hard copies for my equipment. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Chaps,
Sorry about the manuals, they were hit by people downloading the whole books day after day and the server was not up to it. The manuals will return when the site is updated but if you need details on a specific subject, let me know and I will happily photocopy it and put it up. (Not the whole book though). :mrgreen:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

http://www.fordson.se/1A_Motorkapitlet_ ... manual.pdf
If you click on the above you should be able to download info for the engine.

Pavel

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/manua ... _major.htm

You also may find the above site useful

Pavel

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Pavel , Brian, many thanks !
Will be great if we could get the info available again one day.
One doesnt appreciate stuff until its no longer there !

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Thanks Pavel - yes both those links work. (wish one link was to the repair manual :cry: )
I am looking for info on the front wheel assembly - kingpin, seals & bearings.
My 1954 seems to be quite worn. Strange that the grease nipple doesnt have a corresponding hole on the inside.
I need to know what the bush diam must measure before one must re-sleeve ?

tmc
True Blue

Post by tmc »

Tjibbe wrote:Thanks Pavel - yes both those links work. (wish one link was to the repair manual :cry: )
I am looking for info on the front wheel assembly - kingpin, seals & bearings.
My 1954 seems to be quite worn. Strange that the grease nipple doesnt have a corresponding hole on the inside.
I need to know what the bush diam must measure before one must re-sleeve ?
I have just done that job on my major , I was amazed to find that all the ( considerable ! ) play was on worn
kingpins , the bushes were absolutely fine , I fortunately found a pair of excellent kingpins from a very rough looking
hedgerow tractor in my local breakers , so worth checking what you need first , you will soon see the wear on the
kingpins with a straight edge if yours is the same .

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

King pins and bushes are also available from the land of nearly right. You will need an expandable reamer to fit the pins in the new bronze bushes. New Bearings and seals are also available. I rebuilt my front end a number of years ago on my Power Major. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Thanks guys - was out of town this weekend couldnt proceed - will apply the straight edge and see this weekend.
Sorry I'm slow - 'land of nearly right' - ??

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

With no available hole in the bushing to allow grease to access the kingpins it's no wonder they are worn. Expect the bushes to be also. Always worth investigating when grease just squirts out around the nipple.
I believe the expression "the land of nearly right" refers to Pacific Rim countries .

Pavel.

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Pavel thanks :)

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Not all of the "Lands of the Nearly Right" are around the Pacific Rim, we have our own here in Europe, most of ours come from Turkey via Ireland and are sold as Top Quality! :cry: :cry: :cry: Tin work that does not fit or wings that are of a different size and shape yet are sold as a pair and do not get me started on Dexta ignition switches.

But it is not only tractor parts, I had a very frustrating day yesterday with a batch of control systems I am building. Switches that switch once and then lock up, I had to use forty switches to find twenty that worked.

Radio Crystals, something that has never failed before and I use hundreds, suddenly I get a batch that fail. and because they have never failed before, I spent most of the day checking display units and chip programs looking for the problem. :cry: :cry: :cry:

All the components are supplied by one of the top companies over here but are made in China or South Korea or even South America. All these parts are brand new never having left the factory or the workshop or even been switched on, the faults appear as I do the first test.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Tjibbe »

Brian - frustrating indeed - you should invoice them for acting as their sole QA officer !
Down her in South Africa we come across copies of many of our old & trusted brand names. All from China.
Usually the messed up English was a dead give-away that you are about to exchange good money for scrap, but nowadays the text on the packaging and brochures are improving.
On spare parts, if the German flag and wording "TUF" are printed on all sides of the box, it is actually screaming : "Chinese scrap metal"