New project

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
woodcutter
True Blue

Re: New project

Post by woodcutter »

cheers Adrian, I do enjoy fixing them up except the rubbing down part I think that's why I haven't painted wheels :) if you do make your self a bumper or front blade be sure to put photos up I always like to see other peoples project.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

I will. I have a weight carrier on the front at the moment, but I only really need that when ploughing. I'd like a bumper/tow bar for other work.
A couple of years back I was asked to pull a toilet trailer off a meadow that had become very wet in the rain. The trailer had a ball hitch, which I couldn't connect to, so the Land Rover that was having problems on the slippery surface connected up to the trailer and I connected to it with a strop and shackle. Reversing in low box with my saw bench on the back to help traction the old girl chugged backwards on tick over and hauled the Land Rover and trailer to hard ground. Your drawbar would have been ideal for that situation.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

woodcutter
True Blue

Post by woodcutter »

Thought I had better make use of the last of the good weather and paint the wheels so here she is all finished apart seat cushion time for my next project if anyone has anything interesting I might be interested :D

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Very nice result. :clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Great job, mechanical and paintwork.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Nice!! Always great to see another old girl brought back to life!

Pat