Passenger Seats

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
wetters
Not Quite Blue Yet

Passenger Seats

Post by wetters »

Hi.

I read with great interest the article in the latest journal showing a modified Major with a double seat.

Has anyone else made a similar modification and can offer any advice, drawings etc.
We use our Major primarily for boat launching and a passenger from the yard to the beach would be very useful.

However ever cautious, I am concerned over the legality of an extra passenger and also the Health and Safety implications. The journey we take is about a mile on public roads.

There was a tractor in Anglesey with a "motorcycle " type seat possibly off a rib which worked but I liked the side by side " DB cropmaster style" solution in the magazine.

My father tells me he took his driving test on a Fergie in the early 50's with the examiner stood in the transport box, happy days !!! :D

county654
True Blue

Re: Passenger Seats

Post by county654 »

Over here in Germany this

used to be the common practice for passenger Transport.
Usually one passenger seat was manifested in the papers.

I can remember, when I was a child, we used to have a Dexta having a woden board behind the drivers seat, from one fender to the other.
There was enough room für two adults or one adult plus two childeren in adition to the Driver.
Regards Matthias

With County, you can ;-)

1959 Power Major
1961 County Super 4 drainagemachine
1963 Super Major
1964 NP Super Major 4x4
1966 County 654

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

How about this one at Meddo this year? :clap:

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Over here in Holland, it does not mather how save these seats are, when you have an exident the insurance wil make a lot of problems.
No problem with the McCormick next to it, because these seats are factory made. :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:
Strange people those insurance man.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I