Fordson on Craigslist

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Fordson on Craigslist

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi guys, I hope Im not stepping on anyone's toes hear but I stumbled across this today and it looks like its been sitting there for two months. look real close at the transmission!

Pat

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/grd/5479355603.html

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Fordson on Craigslist

Post by oehrick »

Is it one of those Howard (or other) creeper gear or FWD takeoff gearbox slices Pat ??
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Looks like a creeper gearbox to me, suddenly a junk tractor looks much more appealing, to bad its way out of my territory.

Pat

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Pat
There are a couple of interesting things in that picture other than the reduction box, I'm kinda wondering if it's another import like the one you have. 36" rear tires, one power scalloped one new major, plain dish it's got the transmission brake to. If you listen real quiet while you are on the CL page it's calling your name to go buy it :wink: :lol: :eyes: :run:.

you should know by now it's near impossible to step on toes round here, we aren't a bunch of stuck up tow the line guys like that other forum seems to want us to be all the time :wink: To be honest unless Brian knows different I don't think a legitimate members ever been thrown off this board. Those other guys there is a huge list with petty stupid reasons!.
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Robert I do believe you are correct, I was so focused on that gearbox that I didn't even see the other goodies!
I would have to agree that it is a "not for export" I can now see the hand brake, and if you look at the underside of that right fender towards the rear I believe we can see the bottom side of the taillight bracket.

You know Robert...I do believe I hear it saying something to me...."bring me home and hide me in your barn, Granny will never know".

Pat

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Go get it Pat! :clap:

Is it my eyes or is that possibly one of those deep scalloped wheels we were looking at a couple of weeks ago?

When the board was originally set up Oscar wanted it to be like a bar where people who loved Fordson and Ford tractors go to discuss them and help others sort out their problems. It was not set up to make money or to advertise. Over the years there have been some changes and we have tried and are trying to make a little money from the board to help with costs, development and some of the display equipment I take to shows.

We have "expelled" a couple of members and some have found that the boards ethos is not for them. Anyone who puts a blatant advertisement on here for any product or service will find it removed to the junk folder. We have also had parts suppliers try to infiltrate the forums and have been told quietly and politely, in private, to go away.

We also have to be a bit careful when giving advice that deviates from the Fordson or Ford manual. I was lucky enough to work on the tractors back in the day and have a group of people around me who did likewise. So when I advise, it is with the knowledge base of direct experience and even then I/we can still be wrong. Every day this board teaches me new tricks and gives me new ideas. A lot of the members of this board are very experienced people in their field but we do get some who are new to the tractors or to how they work, so, sometimes the same questions are asked and answered many times over. I have no problem with this as each question and answer is personal to the questioner and it is important that they feel that someone is out there, rather than just an archive.

So, although its a bit long-winded, no problem at all Pat in bringing to our attention anything on CL or the dreaded E-Bay. If you want to sell or exchange something yourself, there is always the "Parts Wanted" forum on this board.

That is all apart from saying a thank you to all out there who have made this site the most popular forum for Ford and Fordson tractors in the whole world. We are even recommended by sites like Yesterdays Tractors for our joint knowledge of the subject.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian