Super Major Minimec oil leak

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Old66ford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super Major Minimec oil leak

Post by Old66ford »

Hello, so I seem to have developed a leak at the rear of the Minimec fuel pump, it seems like the rear plate that is bolted on with the tach drive.

Is it safe to unbolt this plate? is there anything behind that may pop out/fall out?

Thanks, Craig

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Super Major Minimec oil leak

Post by Brian »

You should be OK, nothing is likely to fall out.

Have you got the "pigtail" pipe on the cam box or has it been removed and blanked off?

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Old66ford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Old66ford »

The pigtail? I don't think so, where abouts would it be?

I am hoping to get around to fixing it soon, but I have lots to do in the coming weeks, so we'll see when I get around to it.

Thanks, Craig

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

In the picture it is the straight pipe from just behind the drive coupling going downwards. It allows diesel from the cam box to drip onto the ground. If it has been blocked or blanked off, the diesel will build up and fill the governor housing. That is why you should drain the oil in there every time you change the engine oil and check the level about once a month.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian