Super Major headlamps

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Super Major headlamps

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

I'd like to refurbish my original Butler headlamps.
The casings, rims and glasses are all intact, but water ingress has rusted the reflectors and bulb holders.
Does anyone know if the reproduction lamps are close enough in design so that the reflectors and bulb holders can be used in the original lamp casings?
Any info much appreciated.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Re: Super Major headlamps

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

On closer inspection the bulb holders are in good condition too.
The reflectors are badly rusted with parts of the rim missing, so bringing them back to life and resilvering them doesn't look like an easy option.

liam
True Blue

Post by liam »

It worked for me Adrian .I used the original bulb holders and original butlers glass in reproduction lamps ,,the bulb holders that come in the reproduction lamps as well as the bulbs are very poor quality. Liam.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Thanks, Liam.
Just to be sure, the bulb holder on the original is held in place with a ring with three bayonet type teeth around its circumference. My hope is that the original holder will engage with the corresponding mounting on the reproduction reflector. From your experience it sounds like it will. Basically, I just want the reflector from the repro lamps. Oh and the rubber seals.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

These are the parts.

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]