my new super major

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Deutz514
Not Quite Blue Yet

my new super major

Post by Deutz514 »

so here are some pictures of my super major that I got for 100$ of fuel since these pictures were took I used some good degreaser and washed everything off so she looks near new under the hood I also drained all the oils and filled with new except the injection pump im going to wait till the loader is off which should happen next weekend I checked the engine serial number and it says its a 1962 model "o9b770159" its a real pleasure to drive and the price was right and she is a heavy girl im guessing around 7000-8000lbs easy

Imagep455/deutz514/photo_zpssfvt55ub.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: my new super major

Post by oehrick »

Now thats farm fresh & feisty :D I expect a few viewers will be :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: at your good fortune
The loader is a nice solid straight one (unlike the usual wrung, broken and welded ojects so often found - hope you intend to keep it !
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Sweet!!!
Pat

Deutz514
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Deutz514 »

Yes i do plan on keeping the loader but some work will need to be done to it there is some cracks and some reinforments welded on and the loader will need to be mounted a little differently as it wiggles too much and gets pretty close to the exhaust elbow but for now its coming off so i can have easy acces to the engine for better cleaning and some tune ups it needs and the steering needs dealt with fast its homemade power steering system is pretty cheap and only works one way haha its a good workout though and i think ahead so i domt have to turn that way.. And it seems to limit the turning radius quite a bit takes our 2 acre feild to turn it around but im still happy and im sure the major will be when im sdome fixing it up