Injector Lock Washers?

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
optimistjohn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Injector Lock Washers?

Post by optimistjohn »

Hello everyone. I'm putting together a Fordson Power Major which was kind of a basket case, and I'm in need of some advice about the fuel injector bolts. When I removed them, the two bolts securing each injector nozzle DID NOT have any lock washers or other retaining feature other than prevailing torque. In as much as most of the other bolts have a more positive locking feature, I'm curious if a previous owner simply forgot the lockwashers, of if the bolts just stay on by themselves? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John in SC

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The injector bolts, like a number of bolts on the later Ford tractors have no locking devices. The theory is that locking devices fail and a straight torque up is more effective.

There are no locking devices on any of the engine bolts in the '000nd series and I have never seen a bolt come loose.
Last edited by Brian on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

optimistjohn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Injector Lock Washers?

Post by optimistjohn »

Thank You Brian, that's exactly what I needed to know. You're a Major help! (I bet you've heard that before) Sincerely, John