HEWCO FMD Powered Scrappers.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dandy Dave
True Blue

HEWCO FMD Powered Scrappers.

Post by Dandy Dave »

Say Mate's, Got a real kick out of these HEWCO Scrapers. FMD powered on both ends. Dandy Dave!

http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/sho ... re-scraper
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: HEWCO FMD Powered Scrappers.

Post by oehrick »

You're alive !! - asked if anyone had heard from you a while back as I'd not seen you post DD

As for the scraper, thats the pushmepullyou version of the Doe triple D - slightly more insane an idea but all the weight is on the driving wheels, somewhere :)

Ah, just looked at the link and tis a Kiwi creation, I particularly like the side of bonnet drivers position.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Yeah. I'm still alive. I've been working on a 1957 Dodge Sweptside Pickup Truck this summer and it has taken a lot of my time. I've only had it in my collection for 40 years. Figured it is about time I do something with it. Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

:D Are you sure it has matured enough to start restoring DD ???

I'm still chuckling at flinging a Major either end of a scraper (while not underestimating the control issues) Still, people often think George Prior invented the double tractor concept but I'm fairly sure it had been done in Australia before he built his version.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Yeah. The old Dodge truck is 59 years young. I've had it for at least 40 of those years. I do believe it is matured enough as when I was a young pup I use to drool all over nicely restored cars and trucks that were only 40 years old at the time. And yes, With all the outback ingenuity down there I do believe you are right. I read an article a while back that an Australian Chap figured out controlled flight before the Wright Brothers. He was just so far inland that it took 10 years just to pump in sunlight never mind any sort of flash news bulletins getting out by Kangaroo Postal service. ( They're Hoppin Good.) I've heard there are a lot of treasures out in the outback still to be discovered. I don't believe anything was ever scrapped there from the stories I hear. Dandy Dave!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Les bryant
True Blue

Post by Les bryant »

In the mid 60's I saw 2 hewco scrapers just north of Taihape central N.I. New zealand
Cheers Les.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hey Dave, glad to see your still sucking air, I was starting to get concerned!

Pat