Crankcase Ventilation Inlet Filter?

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
optimistjohn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by optimistjohn »

Hello everyone. I'm putting together a Fordson Power Major which was kind of a basket case, and I'm in need of some advice about the air inlet pipe on the gear cover. All I have is a cover with a pipe sticking out the top, and I'm thinking there must have been a filter of some sort but it's gone now. I'm interested in what the correct filter arrangement would look like so that I can properly describe the part(s) to the bone yard guy and have some chance of getting it right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John in SC

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Here's what mine looks like.

I'm not sure if its original or not.

optimistjohn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by optimistjohn »

Outstanding! That's exactly what I needed to know. And it looks easy to remove and replace. All I need to do now is find one. Thanks a lot. John in SC

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello,

Just click on the link below

http://www.histoparts.com/shopnieuw.html

They have them for sale I saw them on Ebay.co.uk a few weeks ago (ebay shop) and they were cheaper

Just look at the spring on the top that is a must if you replace it otherwise it will blow off (it happend with me) because some one had taken it off just to look if its original (it was) I was happy I had a spare one
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major