Diesel Major with spade lug wheels

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
ford5000y
True Blue

Re: Diesel Major with spade lug wheels

Post by ford5000y »

My older brother and my cousins used to play by digging some holes in the ground, back then. They ended up recovering a ford thousand series tool box! (the one that was bolted on to the rear fender) That made me wonder why my grandfather kept removing things out of his tractor. He explained that the farm roads have improved over time, they used to be dirt roads that turned into deep mud ruts during the rainy season. That the reason why they used wheel weights to improve grip when the tractors were pulling implements or trailers, or, when road conditions become worse, they would remove the rear weights and fit the mud lugs. As the roads improved, additional weights were no longer needed and the front weights just made the steering heavy, so he removed them. He only reinstalled the rear weights because he ended up spending some time trying to pull a truck that bogged down at the side of the road once, because the rear wheels didn't have much grip and just slipped.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Just found this. Two Majors together.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

AdrianNPMajor wrote:Just found this. Two Majors together.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
looks muddy, but nice :-)
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch