Great Magazine with alot of Fordson Majors in it!

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
lwright
Not Quite Blue Yet

Great Magazine with alot of Fordson Majors in it!

Post by lwright »

I found a great magazine yesterday at Tractor Supply called "Tractor" from heritage to modern tractors
Pete Kelly is the editor of this magazine, not sure if he post here or not but I am going to email him and let him know that I really enjoyed the magazine. Alot of Fordson's in there!

The website incase any of you are interested is:
www.tractorheritage.co.uk

Just thought I'd pass this along. It's rare to see a UK magazine in the US.
:wink:
Larry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Larry,

Do not believe everything you read in that mag! I have taken it from the first edition and love the stories, but, once again the people who write about Majors and Dextas have a very limited knowledge.

If you want a really good read with knowledgeable information on a wide variety of issues try "Classic Tractor". They talk to the people who were involved in building and testing a wide range of tractors. There has been an excellent series on County Tractors written by one of the demonstration team and a series of articles on Ford Tractors by Davis Pearson who was a territory manager and head of training at Boreham House.

PS. This is not an advert and is solely my opinion. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

patch
Not Quite Blue Yet

small world indeed !

Post by patch »

Larry in Cherryville, I live in Denver. We lost a real longtime Fordson lover not long ago. He owned 5 when he passed away. He claimed to have raised 5 girls running sawmills with the Majors.
He said the diesel for the Major was cheaper than his cigars.
He had one old tricycle. I don't know who got them when he died.
His brother was B.R. Lee of Lee Boy Paving Equipment.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi