FPM oil seal.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
RH
True Blue

FPM oil seal.

Post by RH »

Oil seal, but which one?

Evening gents,

Can someone please give me a part number for the oil-seal between the gearbox and clutch on a Fordson Power Major, Dual clutch?
It appears to be about 3 1/2" OD. It is the seal that fits in the input shaft housing.
(The old one broke up badly so hard to measure.)

I see input and output seals in the Agriline catalogue, but one is larger than this & one a lot smaller, so not sure what this seal is called.
If not a part number, the actual OD, ID and width would be very much appreciated!

Richard.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: FPM oil seal.

Post by Brian »

Hi Richard, the Ford number for the seal that fits inside the PTO input shaft was E1ADDN 7052 A. Your best bet would be the CNH web site. We have had this problem in the past and I do not think the after-market parts people realise there is a seal in there.

The one that fits in the housing over the PTO input shaft is E88-GE-9.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

RH
True Blue

Re: FPM oil seal.

Post by RH »

That's brilliant Brian! Thanks so much.

I did get a rocker -cover gasket the other day. (Old one gone hard and leaking) I thought I'll just get it at the local dealership, as I wanted to get the tractor buttoned up and back out.
They ordered me one.
Price when I went for it??? $52.27!!!!
They're still 5 quid and VAT back home at Agriline. Not going local again if I can help it.

They used to hang people for that at one time.

Richard.