Setting hydraulics Fordson super major

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
YCJ357-SMD
Not Quite Blue Yet

Setting hydraulics Fordson super major

Post by YCJ357-SMD »

Hi all,
I,m looking for some advice regarding setting up the hydraulics I've followed the instructions on the Wiki but it is still not working correctly. Firstly when operating the lever to raise the arms nothing starts to move until the lever is pulled right to the very top of the quadrant this is the same in both draft and position also The draft control doesn't appear to work, I have tested this by putting a crowbar in the top linkage and applying pressure but nothing happens
My only thought that I may have done wrong is understood where the correct position of the lever is in the quadrant when setting the wiki says
"Set the main lift control lever to the upper raise stop in the quadrant then move it towards the lower position until the upper edge of the lever is 13mm (1/2”) from the top stop"
When It says top stop does this mean the very top of the quadrant or the ridge at the top of the sliding adjustment about 50mm down from the top ( this is where I set it from)
Would this make a difference or does any one know why they don't work as they should
Thanks
Stuart