58 Power major high low shifter stuck

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Riverdave
Not Quite Blue Yet

58 Power major high low shifter stuck

Post by Riverdave »

The high low shifter handle moves but not the rod going into the case. also the trans is not going into gear, could it be stuck between high and low not letting into gear? I'm new to the forum and new to tractor as well any advice would be great. and no I'm not going to sell it and buy some new over priced piece of junk made out of plastic. I'm in it for the long haul going to bring it back to new.

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: 58 Power major high low shifter stuck

Post by mathias1 »

Hi,

It's probably the connection between the handle and the shifter rod that's causing the problem. You will probably will have to remove the tank and the steering column to solve the problem.
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

Riverdave
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: 58 Power major high low shifter stuck

Post by Riverdave »

I believe that after setting for 3 years the moisture has rusted the rod not letting it move I drained the trans oil and it was like milk and refilled it with 90 height oil.I'm Going to remove the top part of the case were the hi low selector rod is if it ever stops raining. It’s in the yard and can’t get it into the shop under it’s own power yet. Thanks for the reply I will update the post with photos again if it ever stops raining.