Wiring

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
NT
Not Quite Blue Yet

Wiring

Post by NT »

Yet another question. Seems as if i never run out of them. While im on hold on fixing my pump i decided today to pull apart the wiring on the major to see how bad it is and probably replace it. Well i dont even want to go into detail of how badly the people before me have it wired(surprised it hasnt caught on fire yet). It has been changed over to a 3 wire alternator. I know how to wire it what i need to know is what the wire gauge is suposed to be on things. If anyone knows what size gauge the wires are on the headlights, and the wires from the alternator should be it would be greatly appreciated. Also the wires to the starter engage button. Thanks Nathan

Kim
True Blue

Post by Kim »

I have seen a catalog from WEST MARINE that had a chart in the electrical section showing what size wire you need to carry a given number of amps over varying distances(wire lengths). It is probably available on line either through their web site or a Google search. Generally speaking, plan to use a lot of #14 and 16.
Never give up!

NT
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by NT »

Ok thanks i will if i can find a general guidline.