Parts for Super Major

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
lakebilly
Not Quite Blue Yet

Parts for Super Major

Post by lakebilly »

I spend a lot of time trying to locate parts for my SM. Where is the best place to get parts for this in America or is it easier to get in England?
63 Fordson Super Major "Babe", 1953 Jubilee, IH 656, Ford 961. Farmall H, Kubota 3430
FB pic page of tractors; https://www.facebook.com/pg/Unkle-Sonny ... 2873587074

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Parts for Super Major

Post by Billy26F5 »

I don't know anything about parts in America, British suppliers are your best bet for most things, as parts are widely available in Britain. Do make sure you know what you need and if the supplier is offering what you need; we've often found the listing suggests one thing and when the bits arrive they're wrong, either they're not for that year or they're not even for the right kind of tractor. I would recommend you see the full specification of your tractor before you order anything so you can catch anything wrong, many aftermarket parts aren't quite right; perfectly acceptable from the functional point of view, but very clearly different from the original part. If the part isn't available from an aftermarket supplier, look through breakers before thinking about patch repairs, as the latter are very difficult, but you should hopefully find a second hand part in better condition than your original one. Never reuse any gaskets, seals or o-rings.
Sorry about this difficulty.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

Ebay.co.uk has a lot of used parts for sale, the only problem might be the shipping.
As for new aftermarket parts, most suppliers ship worldwide. That should be the solution for most small parts you will need.
The seals and bearings are rather common and can be obtained at a local shop.
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

lakebilly
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by lakebilly »

In search of; Drain plug cover, part # EIADKN-994686. Thanks for help. Russ
63 Fordson Super Major "Babe", 1953 Jubilee, IH 656, Ford 961. Farmall H, Kubota 3430
FB pic page of tractors; https://www.facebook.com/pg/Unkle-Sonny ... 2873587074

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

No new ones available, so you'll need to find a second hand one and clean it well.
I replied that in the hydraulic pump o-ring thread.
Sandy
ImageImageImage