FSM hydraulic lift capacity

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
kissamo
Not Quite Blue Yet

FSM hydraulic lift capacity

Post by kissamo »

DEAR ALL,

HOPE you are all fine.

I just want to share what my friend told me regarding the lift capacity of FSM Hydraulic pump. It is like this 'I am experiencing problem with the hydraulic pump of my FSM. I have tried to open the pump and put new rubbers seals but after working for say a week i experienced the same problem in lifting disc plow. I am using BALDAN PLOW 3 DISCS WEIGHING 400KG made in BRAZIL. MY friend told me that the BALDAN PLOW 3 DISCS is too heavy for FSM hydraulic pump because the rubber seals in the pump can not resist the pressure under this weight. Is the weight of my BALDAN PLOW 3 DISCS really a problem. What is the weight of the FSM 3 DISCS PLOW?

Seeking for comments from FSM enthusiasts.

CHEERS
ELIAS FREDRICK

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: FSM hydraulic lift capacity

Post by Billy26F5 »

That's not very heavy, so there's a leak somewhere. I'm fairly sure the TS 83 reversible plough is heavier than half a ton and the hydraulics are meant to handle that with ease. Look for leaks anywhere, as any leak will make it more difficult to lift. A pressure test can also be useful, as the pressure relief valve might not be opening at the correct 2450-2500 psi.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kissamo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kissamo »

DEAR BILLY,

THANKS for your insightful comments. I will check the entire pressure system of her.

RGDS
ELIAS

2ndfordson
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 2ndfordson »

Maybe bypassing your lift piston

kissamo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kissamo »

DEAR 2NDFORDSON.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT. Can you enlighten me how this bypass is done.

Best rgds
Elias