FSM HYDRAULIC PUMP

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
kissamo
Not Quite Blue Yet

FSM HYDRAULIC PUMP

Post by kissamo »

DEAR MY FORDSON colleagues;

I have discovered that my hydraulic pump is dead. I am unable to find a new pump for FSM. I am just thinking as to whether i can use any other hydraulic pump of Ford tractors close to FSM HYDRAULIC PUMP. Is my idea workable?

Best rgds
Elias

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: FSM HYDRAULIC PUMP

Post by Billy26F5 »

Do you have a dual clutch, and if so does the PTO work properly? You might also find the key has sheared; look at all this first, as otherwise you might get another pump at great expense to find you still have the problem. Take the top cover off and turn the PTO by hand, plug the output pipe with a finger. Does oil flow out under pressure or does it just ouse out? Inspect all problems before you decide to get any spares, as otherwise you might get something you don't want.
As for a replacement, try a breaker's, you should find one there.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kissamo
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kissamo »

THANKS FOR COMMENTS BILLY.

Is there any parts dealer with FSM hydraulic pump i can order in case i need one?

Rgds
ELIAS

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

For as far as I know, these pumps are a Fordson special and not available anymore.

There isn't much to go wrong in the pump, they wear out and build less pressure or volume output. A sudden quit of working quite likely has another cause. Try Billy's suggestions first.
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

Didnt agriline supply new pumps?
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

They did years ago, but I haven't seen them list it more recently. Any hydraulic pump will be expensive, but this one more so as it's a special design to fit the pedestal with the PTO shaft in the middle.
Be careful lifting the top cover, it needs to come up square, as otherwise you'll grip the pipes and crack the casting.
Sandy
ImageImageImage