New Performance Super major paint codes

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
codo1970
Not Quite Blue Yet

New Performance Super major paint codes

Post by codo1970 »

Could anybody please tell me the correct RAL paint codes for a New performance super major.
Thank you.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: New Performance Super major paint codes

Post by Billy26F5 »

There are no such things on fordson tractors, if you can find some original colour match the new paint to that (make sure it's clean first), if not then try to find an NP Super Major that does have original paint. The NP colour is slightly different from the previous blue and from the Ford worldwide range.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

codo1970
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by codo1970 »

Yes I'm well aware of that, but I thought there might be enough people on here who have performed restorations and repaints, that could recommend RAL codes, based on their own experience that are closest to the paint used during production.
I know you can buy off the shelf enamel, I want to avoid those as I'm using two pack epoxy primer, and want to apply two pack solid topcoats, which i have access to as i am a painter.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

As far as I know there are no close matches to the NP colours. If you could match a two pack colour then you'll have a much better finish. Ford only put primer on castings before they were machined, and then two coats of normal paint baked on to everything with no primer underneath. I think there's another topic with some info on the company that supplied Ford's paint.
Sandy
ImageImageImage