Beam hauling

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Beam hauling

Post by Billy26F5 »

Hi all,
Yesterday we brought some beams up to replace some that are beginning to look poor.
We weren't very confident about it until we picked one up, as they didn't seem anywhere near as heavy as the cultivator.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Beam hauling

Post by Billy26F5 »

More hauling.
They're all up now.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

nice job. It's nice to see pictures of majors at work!
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

When you talk about doing these things it all sounds very similar to previous days, but when you actually go and do jobs like this you feel as excited as you were the first day you saw it being done, in my case when I was only a month or two old (although I don't remember anything until much later, when Billy hauled some stumps out of the ground in a similar way but with the cultivator on the back to improve grip in reverse).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

After drying for a while the beams needed moving again into a less sunny area, notice how we had to shift Mr. MacGregor's bucket out of the way.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Is that a 3c11 or a 3c111?
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Mr. MacGregor is a 1975 3CII, he actually came from Roy Bridge, and needs the hole for the bucket pin in the dipper corrected for wear (the bush being totally gone and a new one going straight through with plenty of play), the RH brake fixed to stop it locking and the clutch relining.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

He's in a lot better shape than my 1980 3c111, I got a very rusty cab and a dodgy clutch pack in the powershift
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Mr. MacGregor has a std. gearbox, I don't know much about the torque converter ones except that they seem to lack a clutch pedal and they have a lever on the steering column a bit like the Dexta throttle that has something to do with moving; the cab was fixed years ago, but our carelessness in leaving him outside has meant we'll have to do it again. I hope you have better luck with the cab.
Sandy
ImageImageImage