Tecalemit oil filter part number

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Tecalemit oil filter part number

Post by Billy26F5 »

Hi all,
I've been looking for the Tecalemit part number for the oil filter used January 1956-59 and also the later short type which has a very similar head (I think it actually looks the same) to be able to know what Ebro based their filter on (here's Super Billy's one years ago).
It's the long Tecalemit type. The bolt screws in from the bowl end and there's a sealed nut on top of the head held in place by the head rim to stop it turning.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Tecalemit oil filter part number

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, any of these numbers relevant?
John
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 59SM0zUqRT
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Hi John,
Unfortunately I already have the Ford part numbers (in parts books, thanks for the link anyway), it's the Tecalemit ones actually stamped on the filter that I'm missing.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, one of the old major engines in the field has tecalemit filters on it, the oil filter has 290158 stamped on it, and the fuel filter has 2 numbers, FO2174 and FK9307
Hope this helps
John
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Thanks John, Would it be possible to post a pic of the oil filter? Then I can also compare it with the Ebro filters we have here (They're based on the long Tecalemit filter) and see how many changes Ebro made to the design.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Here's some pics of the Ebro filters (based on the Tecalemit filters in use in 1958). Note the subtle differences between the Tecalemit and Ebro parts.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Does anyone have some pics of the short Tecalemit filter too?
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, found these 3 pics on ebay sold items, looks like a tecalemit filter but these were the only ones i could find
John
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Dixienormous68

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Thanks very much John. It is a short Tecalemit filter, unfortunately I can't see the various part numbers cast and stamped on the head.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

It may be the same head, just a different bowl. I'll have a look through my mates collection of major engine spares, see if he has anything
John

shepp
True Blue

Post by shepp »

If you mean the filter element numbers, the early long one was Tecalemit FP3306, the later short one was Tecalemit FP3300.
1946 E27N, 1952 Major Diesel, 1959 Power Major, 1962 Dexta, 1962 Super Dexta, 1963 Super Dexta NP, 1964 Super Major NP, 1965 Super Dexta 3000, 1966 Major 4000, 1967 3000 PF, 1994 5640,plus Basildon built NH.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Thanks very much shepp. Isn't the short one the same as the Dexta one (FP3316)? Could someone get accurate measurements of each one? I'm interested to see just how close they are to other filters sold as possible replacements for them. Some pics of these elements would be good too.
I'm also interested in a pic of the head of the short filter to compare with the Ebro filter (including any part numbers stamped on it).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

By the way, does anyone happen to have the service letters that list the various changes in the oil filters? I don't mean the August 1959 Power Major supplement to the repair manual (which I already have), which doesn't give part numbers for each filter.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, found a short tecalemit filter on a super major, the head looks the same as your ebro one. It is almost identical to the long one apart from the raised bit on the front of the casting. The only number i can see is stamped in the same place as on the long one and is 170261
Cheers
John
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Dixienormous68

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Thanks very much John. I think the heads on the genuine Tecalemit filters (long and short) are the same, the Ebro one is slightly different, but very similar (as is the case with all the Ebro parts, only the accurate machining is the same).
Sandy
ImageImageImage