Super Major Spool Valve

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
kevan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super Major Spool Valve

Post by kevan »

Hi,
I am doing up a New Performance Super Major and all I have got hydraulic wise is my lift arms, I am looking at adding a tipping pipe or one double acting spool valve, is there anywhere that I can plumb in a spool valve so I can also use my lift arms independently, I know I could put my return back into the filler plug, I would like the spool valve to be independent so I could use the likes of a power link box, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Kevan.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Super Major Spool Valve

Post by Billy26F5 »

Could you post a pic of the front of the top cover? You could either get the auxiliary service block complete with flow control valve, or a DAR valve, both operating independently of the arms, using the same lever for the former and a separate one for the latter. Connections are 1/2" BSP.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kevan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kevan »

kevan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kevan »

Hi Billy,
Still trying to work out how to post images!

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Nice looking NP Super Major you have there. Simply replace the 1/2" BSP plug with a steel pipe that is a suitable shape and can withstand at least 2500 psi (and fit a suitable coupling at the other end). You'll also need to get a replacement knob for the auxiliary service spool. DAR valves are available on eBay at high prices.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

kevan
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by kevan »

Thanks Sandy!