Industrial badge

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Industrial badge

Post by Billy26F5 »

Hi all,
Has anyone seen the industrial version of the wheatsheaf badge on a Major? If so do you happen to have some pics of it? I've read about this badge but never seen one. I've only seen the emblem on films in Ford and Fordson on film 3 and 6, and on shirt badges.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Industrial badge

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, have you seen this? About halfway down the page
http://www.fordandfordson.co.uk/documen ... _2015.html
John
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I have indeed seen this, what I meant was the badge used on industrial Major's, according to Allan T Condie in the Major book it was used on all demonstration industrial Major's, with that emblem instead of the usual wheatsheaf one. I have a feeling it's one of these bits that's extremely rare.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

It's certainly a new one on me! Something else to keep a look out for
John
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Did the industrial Super Major badge also have a different emblem?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I don't know that, if there is one it would be great to see it too.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, slightly off topic but do you have a picture of the correct colour scheme for a power major front emblem? I'm currently restoring one and i've seen so many variations but i'd like to get it the right colours
Thanks John

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Orange background and hand, the rest is unpainted (this is Davie's one, but from 1957 it was like this until NP tractors when it became off white instead of orange with the same area painted).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Perfect, thanks Sandy. I've seen them with blue, red and white on them in various combinations and they look awful! That is exactly what i hoped it should look like
Cheers
John

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The blue, red, yellow, white and dark blue one is the Major one until 1957 (Billy's one needs some blue!).
Sandy
ImageImageImage