Horn

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Horn

Post by Billy26F5 »

After Paul asked about the horn I've found after a not very long look around that I can't find a horn that looks exactly like Billy's one, the problem made worse by the fact that there's no ID plate on it. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I assume it's a Lucas part as it is original (made for May 1955 assembly time).
Davie (being a Narrow Dexta I think he was bought with lights but without a horn, this was fitted later ahead of the air filter rather than behind the fuel tank bracket) and Super Billy have horns made by Artes, Barcelona; as used by Ebro.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Horn

Post by John b »

I think it may be a Magneti Marelli
John
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The cover definitely looks like it, as for the rest though I can't find any resemblence between the ones I was seeing and Billy's one. The Artes ones look like they're based on a smaller Magneti Marelli design.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

I was going by the cover, came across alot of them on 70's mopeds (Malaguti, Garelli etc) that just had magnetos, no battery. Unless you held the throttle full open the horn sounded like a dying duck
John
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Billy's one is probably our loudest horn, it sounds exactly like some I've heard on internet. I think the bracket bolted on to the battery tray is a Lucas one, as I can't find one made by Magneti Marelli at the moment. The back is also different, and it seems to earth on the tray rather than on the return wire.
Sounds like those mopeds sounded like a low pitched model T horn that appears in several Laurel & Hardy films!
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Funny you should say that, if i sat on one now I'd look like Oliver Hardy!!
John