FSM Nose Badge Colour Scheme

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
smchris
True Blue

FSM Nose Badge Colour Scheme

Post by smchris »

Can someone please tell me the correct colour scheme for the Fordson Super Major badge on the front of the nose cone? Replacement is just silver and needs painting, but what were the authentic colours?

I have found a picture of a Fordson owners guide that seems to show the writing in black and the logo orange / red background with half the cog black and half ?white / silver?

I need to paint mine up so it's right.

Thanks for your guidance.

John b
True Blue

Re: FSM Nose Badge Colour Scheme

Post by John b »

Sandy is the man to ask for that. Got to paint a Power Major badge and i have seen various colours on major front badges so i asked him which was correct. Turns out they all are, just different years!
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Nickm
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Nickm »

Here's the picture from the front of my 1961 FSM original manual.
I live in France by the way... that's why it is in french.

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The instruction book is wrong, the colours up to 1957 were these (Billy's badge)
from 1957 to 1963 this is what the badge looked like (Davie's badge) (the words SUPER MAJOR were in black)
and all NP Fordson's had this (Super Billy's one, the same as the previous one but only NP grey rather than orange and black).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

smchris
True Blue

Post by smchris »

Thanks; now I know how to repaint it! Much obliged

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I hope your badge fits well, repro parts can be very bad when they're just cosmetic.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Yannp
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Yannp »

I got a new badge and it is slightly different to the original. Is it just the new ones are different or are there different versions of the original? Things like leaf thickness and corn husk shape. Or am I just too much of a perfectionist?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

There are detail differences in the original ones depending on the period, but there are some very poor new ones around that look totally wrong, and I fear that's what you have just got. I would keep the original one but that's just me.
Sandy
ImageImageImage