Drawbar casting code

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Drawbar casting code

Post by Billy26F5 »

Has anyone found a casting code on an original swinging drawbar? I've been looking very hard at ours but I haven't found one yet. Pics coming soon.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Drawbar casting code

Post by John b »

Will be taking the grinder and wire wheel to one soon for a re-paint, i'll have a look
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Thanks John. I didn't ask the right question, I meant on the main casting that is riveted to the frame below the axle and held on the side plates by pins, the swinging bar code I found early enough on our one. I'll post pics of ours when I can to show where I haven't found the code (and thought I would).
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Well i'll be cleaning up the carrier next so i'll have a good look, i'm taking everything back to bare metal so if there is a code i should find it. Whoever painted the tractor last decided to spray over mud and dried grease so it means hours on the wire brush, every time i restore a tractor i'm always determined it will be the last one i ever do!

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I know how irritating it is to find paint over dirt too, our half Super Major has lots of that.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi Sandy, are these the ones? They are all i can find

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

That's exactly what ours has. Maybe Ford didn't date these castings.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

I couldn't find any other numbers on it, its off the Power Major that you dated 1960. Are there any other castings that weren't dated?

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I don't know that, there will probably be others, but I haven't seen everything just yet!
Sandy
ImageImageImage