Moving a trailer the awkward way

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Billy26F5
True Blue

Moving a trailer the awkward way

Post by Billy26F5 »

We needed to move the trailer that came with Davie today, but Davie is packed in and without a battery, so we used this method to allow Billy to move it. Without the rope there would be two pivot points for vertical "suspension" (in the pitch axis if you follow me) and that would have cancelled out the movement that would pivot on the mounting pin. The pics are not great as the light was going.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Re: Moving a trailer the awkward way

Post by John b »

How is the trailer attached to Davie? That looks a strange drawbar
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

If you look at some of my old posts (these I think are the best ones: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8140 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8125) you'll see our drawbars, made locally many years ago and you might also see why Billy couldn't just drive away with it. If you need more pics I'll take some tomorrow.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Now i see! That drawbar is a similar setup (on a smaller scale) to the scraper boxes on Cat crawlers
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I see what you mean about what we did yesterday, but I don't see the comparison with it in normal working (when there's only one pivot point in each axis). Davie's drawbar is solid (welded up by a previous owner), while Billy's one does pivot in the pitch axis.
Sandy
ImageImageImage