Paint codes

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Old52
True Blue

Paint codes

Post by Old52 »

Does anyone know the actual paint codes for the "Empire Blue" used on the 1952-53 Fordosn Majors? I have finally got my engine back together and it needs painting. I can find paint in the UK, but getting it shipped to Canada is not easy, so I am trying to find a North American suppler, or at least get the actual paint codes and get it mixed up?

Thanks

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: Paint codes

Post by Billy26F5 »

If you want to get it mixed up just get a good bit of original for them to match the pot to. There are some codes on the forum but can't remember what for exactly. When we got some Agriline paint years ago the colour matches Billy and Davie exactly, but the shade did change with batches, the correct colour until the NP was Empire blue.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Sjors
True Blue

Post by Sjors »

I think back in the day, the color also did change a bit between batches. This is a normal occurrence. A New Holland employee told me a few years back when I went there for Ford Tractor blue:

"don't buy the paint here, because the paint we have at the moment is too purple. We sprayed a Ford a month ago and as soon as we drove at day light the color was not right"

Best is to find a part with original paint and let the color match by you paint shop, as Sandy mentioned. But you have to cleaner the part because paint gets darker over time.

Old52
True Blue

Post by Old52 »

I think I have found the paint code, at least an old Dupont number. I am getting a sample this week, but the paint store made up a small batch and it matches the inside of the headlight quite well. Once I have painted something and if it works, I will post the Dupont number, as it is anumber than any automotive paint supply place in the US or Canada could match .

Thanks for your replies also...

Bob