NP Super Major Adjusting draft control linkage

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
rosie01
Not Quite Blue Yet

NP Super Major Adjusting draft control linkage

Post by rosie01 »

Hi all - i am working my way through the set up process on the hydraulic linkage on my NPSM. Bit confused about the gap i need to adjust between the circlip and the front end of the draft control plunger. Text in the manual says 0.200" but the diagram shows 0.020". Can anyone tell which is the correct measurement i need?

Many Thanks Rosie

Billy26F5
True Blue

Re: NP Super Major Adjusting draft control linkage

Post by Billy26F5 »

Are you sure you're looking at the NP manual? It says 0.010" there.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

rosie01
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by rosie01 »

Hi Sandy - The manual i have is by TMM Manuals and covers all Major Models. I am looking at section 256 of the manual which is the NPSM (allegedly). I think its a typo in the text. Which manual are you referring to? On the same diagram in my manual there is another mention of a 0.010 feeler gauge inserted between the main control spring housing face and the draft control plunger. If i could work out how to stick a picture of it on here that would help - i do prefer 1960s tech.

Many thanks - Rosie

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I'm referring to the original Ford manual, here's the NP hydraulics section: https://www.fordson.se/6B_Hydraul_Suple ... 25-050.pdf
Sandy
ImageImageImage

rosie01
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by rosie01 »

Thanks Sandy - your manual is far superior to the one i have. I'll stick it on my christmas pressy list and hopefully santa will oblige!!

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

fordson.se have the whole manual in bits, I think there are other places that have it as one, all in pdf which makes them easy to find some of the time. Not so good when you're actually doing things.
Sandy
ImageImageImage